Simplicity is sexy. It’s not just the alliteration that I love there… Think about it: some of the best things you’ve experienced in life are the ones that are left to stand alone on their own merits, unsullied by a barrage of crap attempting to allure you that manages instead to do quite the opposite. Less is more. And while I could make you a cookie stuffed with another cookie stuffed inside a pie that is topped with ice cream and caramel and whipped cream and chocolate and and and… I’d rather take a moment to savor the sweetness of something a little less flashy.
4 ingredients. That’s all you need to take yourself to new heights of pleasure that will last all night long… at least, until you run out. Then you’ll make more.
Nutella Cocoa Krispie Treats
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/3 cup Nutella
- 1 10- ounce package mini marshmallows
- 6 cups Cocoa Krispie cereal
- Grease an 8"x8" baking dish and line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large pot, heat the coconut oil, marshmallows, and Nutella over medium heat, stirring frequently.
- Once the marshmallows have melted completely, remove from heat, add the cereal, and stir until coated well.
- Press quickly into the prepared pan. (Using a silicone spatula helps here, but you can also grease your hands and use them to pat the krispies down, or another piece of parchment paper. Do NOT use wax paper--it will make a huge mess.)
- Cool completely before cutting and serving.