Did you hear the news? Ruthy of Omeletta–one of my friends from First on the First–is having a baby! And today, we’re throwing her a virtual baby shower to share the joy with her!
There’s nothing quite like those moments leading up to the birth of your first child. Sure, my “baby” is approaching 9 years old, and her brother isn’t far behind at nearly 7, but I remember. The excitement. The wonder. The complete lack of an appetite for anything other than Saltines. The fatigue that cannot be kept at bay, followed by the mad craze of nesting when you barely sleep at all. Voraciously reading everything possible to somehow get an edge on what will come. And learning, in the end, that no matter how prepared you think you are, your little one has a whole other agenda. It’s exhilarating! It’s exhausting! And it’s all so wonderful.
Ruthy is nearing the end of her journey. Soon, she’ll have her baby in her arms, and we couldn’t be happier for her! Best wishes and enjoy every minute! It all goes by so fast!
It isn’t a party without other party goers and food! Hop around the baby shower and grab a bite to eat!
All the Other Delicious Baby Shower Food:
Mini Quiche Bites
- 2 1.6- ounce boxes fillo shells
- 1/3 cup about 2 ounces diced ham steaks
- 1/4 cup shredded Kerrygold Dubliner cheese
- 2 large cage free eggs
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper, arrange fillo shells evenly on the baking sheet.
- Divide the ham steak up between the fillo shells and sprinkle some shredded cheese over that. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk until light and frothy, then portion out among the fillo shells, filling each fully (it will settle as it bakes a bit). There may be some left, depending on the size of your shells; feel free to cook it off as scrambled eggs.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until lightly browned on the edges and firm in the middle.
- Serve warm.