There’s very little I won’t try to add alcohol to. Not only is the idea just appealing to me in the most general sense, but it can often give a wonderful dimension in flavor that wasn’t there before. Liqueurs are flavor enhancers that can take ho-hum treats to “Oh, wow!” status just by their inclusion. Pretty neat, huh?
As you already know, true fudge and I are not friends right now. 3 failed attempts at it in September have put our relationship on the rocks and until true fudge becomes more cooperative and a better team player, I don’t see us getting together anytime again soon. Microwave fudge and I, however, remain best buds. Especially now that my 4-month experiment in living without a microwave has come to an end and the microwave won. Making some microwave fudge seemed like an appropriate way to welcome it back into the kitchen.
There are two versions of this fudge I’ve made before: in 1, you add the alcohol before microwaving; today’s version involves stirring it in at the end. It’s up to you which one you prefer. Theoretically, cooking the liqueur could burn off some of the alcohol, but it’s in the microwave for so little time that I doubt it will make a difference. Consider it a bonus instead and just enjoy it for all it’s worth–I know I did!
You can’t have fudge without something to sip! I’m really digging this new Kahlúa Pumpkin Spice liqueur and I had to incorporate it in something else–this time, a martini. A cinnamon stick would have made a nice garnish but, alas, I was out of them. The shake of cinnamon on top, however, is the perfect little accent. Pumpkin Spice season will be over before you know it-enjoy!
Note: If you have a hard time finding Kahlúa Pumpkin Spice, you can use the original Kahlúa Coffee Liqueur instead.
Kahlúa Pumpkin Spice Fudge
- 3 cups bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1 14- ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter, cut up
- 1 1/2 ounces Kahlúa Pumpkin Spice or regular Kahlúa Coffee Liqueur
- Butter an 8x8 glass baking dish and line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a 2-quart microwave safe bowl, combine the chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk.
- Add the butter and microwave at 50% power for 1 minute.
- Stir and microwave again at 50% power for 1 minute.
- Continue stirring and microwaving at 50% power for 30 second intervals until everything is melted and smooth.
- Stir in the Kahlúa Pumpkin Spice and spread into the prepared pan.
- Refrigerate until firm, at least 3 hours, before cutting and serving.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Kahlúa Pumpkin Spice Martini
- 1 part Kahlúa Pumpkin Spice or regular Kahlúa Coffee Liqueur
- 1 part vodka
- 1 shake ground cinnamon
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Pour over the ice the Kahlúa Pumpkin Spice and vodka. Cover, shake for 20 seconds, and strain into a martini glass.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon before serving.
To get inspiration for more great recipes and entertaining ideas with Kahlúa and for a chance to win the ultimate holiday party, please visit www.kahluaholiday.com.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Kahlúa. The opinions and text are all mine.