Sliders may seem like a summer grilling weather kind of thing, but we enjoy them year-round. All you need are a seasoned cast iron pan and a medium to medium-high flame and you’re good to go, bringing your favorite summer treat to parties and sports gatherings for many months to come.
I recently attended a burger competition and at it, the judges stated that the bun is as important, if not more so, than any other item on the burger. If the bun is wrong, it’s hard to come back from that. KING’S HAWAIIAN ® Dinner Rolls are the perfect accompaniment to your burgers and sliders. They meet the softness criteria, having just the right amount of give, while adding a touch of sweetness to balance out the rest of the flavors. Whether you toast and butter them or use them as is, they’ll turn any burger into a winner, every time.
With the proper buns already in place around my burgers, I had to consider the filling. I decided to update my sliders for the season by incorporating flavors that speak Fall to me. You can’t have Fall in New England without cranberries in some shape or form! I spread some cranberry pepper jelly on the tops of the rolls to add some spicy sweetness and good ole’ New England flair. Add to that the peppery bite of arugula and sour creaminess of fresh goat cheese, and you have the perfect mini burger.
If you have a hard time finding cranberry pepper jelly, try the part of your grocery store that has the fancy condiments. Gourmet cooking stores will also be more likely to carry it than basic stores. It’s worth seeking it out for the unique flavor it brings to these burgers.
Festive Fall Sliders with KING’S HAWAIIAN ® Dinner Rolls
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper freshly ground
- 4 ounces chèvre softened
- 1/6 cup 8 teaspoons cranberry pepper jelly
- 1/2 cup arugula
- 1 package KING’S HAWAIIAN ® Dinner Rolls
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the ground beef, salt, and pepper with your hands.
- Divide the ground beef into 8 slider patties.
- In a cast iron pan set over medium to medium-high heat, cook the patties (4 in the pan at a time). It should only take a 2-3 minutes on each side to cook to medium.
- Split 8 of the KING’S HAWAIIAN ® Dinner Rolls down the middle to make little buns.
- Spread 1/2 ounce of chèvre on the bottom of each bun. Spread a heaping teaspoon of cranberry pepper jelly on the top of each bun.
- Place a slider patty on each bun and top with 1/8 of the arugula.
- Serve immediately.
Every vote counts!
KING’S HAWAIIAN ® will be running a recipe contest November 4th through December 2nd and I would love to have your vote! By voting, you’re also entered to win moolah–so it’s worth the time spent casting your vote!! For more details, and to discover all the other fabulous recipes being entered, check out the KING’S HAWAIIAN ® Holiday Roll Call. (The page goes live on November 4th!)
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of King’s Hawaiian®. The opinions and text are all mine.