Did you know that April is National Grilled Cheese month? An entire month devoted to that melty, cheesy goodness from childhood! As far as I’m concerned, every day can be grilled cheese day—I can’t get enough of it, even as an adult! Grilled cheese is nostalgia. Whether it got you through some lean times or was a simple meal gathering family around the table, the first bite will always remind you of the past, giving you a chance to relive it again and again. Your childhood lives on every time you have one. Moms love Land O Lakes® Deli American Cheese. I remember my mom ordering it at the deli counter when I was a child. We were always offered a slice of cheese each: a reward for good behavior yet unproven, a simple gesture of goodwill that we cherished. Sometimes we would savor it, other times devour it, but it has become part of the rituals remembered. Grocery shopping with mom just wasn’t the same without it. And I know that today, if I bring my kids with me to the deli counter, they, too, will be offered a slice of Land O Lakes® Deli American Cheese. The tradition carries on with a new generation. I love a solid bread and cheese combo, but sometimes you have to mix it up a bit, and that’s exactly what I’m offering today. English muffins with crevices built to capture the gooey peanut butter and chunky bits of bacon jam oozing inside. Two slices of Land O Lakes® Deli American Cheese to hold it all together with its melted creaminess. Acting as a peacemaker, it brings together seemingly opposing ingredients and makes everything work beautifully. This is a match made in heaven.
PB&J Grilled Cheese #client #CheeseChatter
- 1 sandwich-size English muffin
- 1 Tablespoon natural peanut butter
- 2 Tablespoons bacon jam
- 2 slices Land O Lakes® Deli American Cheese
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- Split and lightly toast the English muffin just until the interior starts to get a little crispy, but not yet browned.
- Heat a cast iron skillet over medium to medium-high heat.
- Meanwhile, spread the peanut butter over the interior of one half of the English muffin, the bacon jam over the interior of the other half.
- Lay the slices of cheese over one half of the English muffin and top with the other half.
- Add the butter to the pan and once it’s fully melted and starts bubbling, add the sandwich.
- Once the cheese starts to get a bit melty and the muffin is lightly browned, flip and repeat on the other side.
- Remove from pan once the other side is browned and the cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately.
Pin a Meal. Give a Meal. Now through May 1, Land O’Lakes will donate $1 to Feeding America every time someone pins or repins a Land O’Lakes recipe on Pinterest. That’s eight meals for a hungry family when you pin a recipe—and eight more every time anyone else repins it. Giving goes viral. Find your favorite grilled cheese recipe to pin on landolakes.com. Disclosure: This post was sponsored by Land O’Lakes as part of the Kitchen PLAY Sidecar series. All opinions given are my own.