When I first joined #BundtaMonth, I thought I’d have problems coming up with reasons to bake a cake every month. I was wrong. I should have remembered: we like to party at work. Or eat, at least. Nobody ever turns down cake there.
This month’s theme was tropical cakes, which fit in quite nicely with the beach-themed birthday celebration we had this week. Tropical flavors always make me think of sandy shores, dipping my toes in cerulean water with an icy drink in hand. And what will that drink probably have as an ingredient or adornment? Lime! I had to use it!
I used to even have a sand castle shaped bundt pan. But, alas, that one is trashed now. It was silicone and it got gummy and I got tired of trying to scrub it clean when all it wanted to do was shake around like Jell-o. This fairy cottage cake is the next best thing–a Christmas gift from my husband, who has enthusiastically encouraged my cake-baking endeavor. Like I said, no one says no to cake.
The cake is pretty tasty all on its own–how could it not be with all that yummy Kerrygold butter in it?–but the lime glaze balances it out beautifully. I was afraid it would be too sour and, luckily, I was wrong. I may add some lime zest to the cake batter next time to add a little unexpected twist, but other than that, this was about perfect. And a fantastic cake to whip up to bring to any occasion! (Or just eat at home… huddled under the blankets where you’re begging for sunshine, counting the days until spring’s arrival.)
Other tropical bundts this month:
- Bananas Foster Bundt by Anita from Hungry Couple
- Blue Hawaiian Bundt Cake by Tara from Noshing With The Nolands
- Chocolate Bundt With Coconut Cream Cheese Filling by Karen from In The Kitchen With KP
- Caramelized Mango Tropical Bundt Cake by Paula from Vintage Kitchen
- Chocolate Coconut Bundt Cake by Kim from Cravings Of A Lunatic
- Coconut and Rum Tea Cake by Anuradha from Baker Street
- Coconut Banana Bundt Cake with Rum Glaze by Lora from Cake Duchess
- Coconut Bundt Cake by Holly from A Baker’s House
- Coconut Lime Bundt Cake by Kate from Food Babbles
- Hummingbird Bundt Cake by Heather from Hezzi D’s Books and Cooks
- Hummingbird Bundt Cake by Jennie from The Messy Baker Blog
- Mini Pineapple Bundt Cakes with White Chocolate Ganache by Alice from Hip Foodie Mom
- Pina Colada Bundt Cake by Renee from Magnolia Days
- Pineapple Bundt with Kuih Tat Filling by Stacy from Food Lust People Love
- Strawberry and Banana Bundt Cake by Veronica from My Catholic Kitchen
- Vanilla Orange Bundt Cake with a Hint of Coconut by Laura from The Spiced Life
- White Chocolate Guava Cake by Kim from Ninja Baking
Here’s how you can be a part of Bundt-a-Month:
- Simple rule: Use any tropical fruit – and bake us a Bundt for March
- Post it before March 31, 2013.
- Use the #BundtAMonth hashtag in your title. (For ex: title should read #BundtAMonth: Chocolate Cinnamon Bundt)
- Add your entry to the Linky Tool below
- Link back to Lora’s and Anuradha’s announcement posts.
Disclosure: I am member of the Kerrygold Food Blogger Network and was provided with free Kerrygold unsalted butter, which was used to make this recipe. All opinions and photographs remain my own, unless otherwise stated.