Life is flying by these days at an impressive rate. Just when I think I may be able to catch up, grasp the moment and wring everything possible out of it, I”m falling behind again, watching it all whiz on by.
Like the month of October. It seems like it was only yesterday that I celebrated my 35th birthday, yet here we are, over two weeks later, and I can’t figure out where the intervening time has gone. Before we know it, Christmas will be here. It slips away so much faster the older I get.
Take some time. Revel in the moment. Grab your kids and hug them til they beg you to stop. Someday, they won’t be there to hug at will anymore and you’ll miss that. Despite all the hand prints on the walls and crayon on the floors, the lack of their echo in the hallways will be a too-obvious absence, something to be wistfully wished for again. Love every moment of every day; life is too short to spend it unhappy.
Here’s a little bit of mirth for your mayhem: coconut nut balls. It’s fun just saying what they are. They’re even better in your mouth. Enjoy!
Coconut Nut Balls
- 3/4 cup walnuts lightly toasted
- 1/2 cup almonds lightly toasted
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut plus 1/4 cup for rolling
- 8 pitted dates
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil melted
- 1 vanilla bean scraped
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 ½ Tablespoons honey
- 1 Tablespoon coconut butter
- Combine the toasted nuts and 1/4 cup of the coconut in the bowl of a food processor. Process until nuts are chopped.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, except for the 1/4 cup additional coconut for rolling. Process until it comes together somewhat.
- Line a plate with parchment paper and pour the 1/4 cup shredded coconut into a bowl.
- Using a Tablespoon and your hands, gather the mixture and roll into balls (it may take some work to get them to stick together).
- Roll the balls in the coconut and place on the prepared plate.
- Refrigerate to set, at least 1 hour.
Meal Planning Magic‘s 12 Weeks of Christmas Treats gets you ready with plenty of ideas for your Christmas festivities! If you’re a blogger and want to join in on the fun, check out this post for the form to fill out to start baking along with us! And don’t forget to follow our Pinterest board to keep track of all the yummy recipes.
Love your presentation of these little cuties! Delicious combo of flavors, too!
Paula @ Vintage Kitchen
Aren´t this the easiest and tastiest treats! I love the combination of flavors, and in the food processor. Leaves you time to enjoy life!
The Poet Herself
I wish I had them stick around longer! The kids DEVOURED them!
Annamaria @ Bakewell Junction
These look so cute. They pictures look great.