It’s been a busy weekend for me. We closed on our new house Friday–the first house we’ve owned in over 8 years–and we’ve been busy packing, moving, cleaning, unpacking… you get the picture. Before I boxed up my kitchen, I made time to make one last edition of Muffin Monday in the apartment. For old time’s sake.
Filled with dried blueberries and white chocolate chips, these really tap into the sweet tooth–which is exactly what I think muffins should do!
Here’s to new beginnings! My next post will be brought to you from my new kitchen, where instead of a tiny pantry, I’ll be baking from a tiny oven. There’s always a challenge…
Muffin Monday is an initiative by Baker Street, a culinary journey of sharing a wickedly delicious muffin recipe every week. Drop in a quick line to join her on her journey to make the world smile and beat glum Monday mornings, week after week.
Blueberry and White Chocolate Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup vanilla sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup 8 ounces sour cream
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup dried blueberries
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In another large bowl, combine the egg, sour cream, butter, and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients until just moistened.
- Fold in the dried blueberries and white chocolate chips.
- Using a large cookie scoop or two big spoons, fill muffin cups three-fourths full.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
Donna @ What the Dog Ate
Happy move! Catch you on the other side. 🙂
Fun twist on the original recipe! Your muffins look like they turned out fantastic. Good luck with the moving/unpacking/settling 🙂
What a delicious combination! Good luck with your move and I look forward to seeing all the wonderful things that will come out of your new kitchen. Blessings to your family in your new home!
Kate | Food Babbles
Love the combination of blueberries and white chocolate. Yum! Great job and congrats on the new house!!!
YUM!! I love blueberry and white chocolate. Its my go to combination!!
The Poet Herself
Blueberries & white chocolate are always a great combination!