Summer, that is. Or spring, at the very least.
Yes, I ski. Yes, I live in New England and I know what that means. But enough is enough. I want days out on my garden bench with warm breezes caressing my sun-kissed cheeks. I want sunglasses and short-sleeves. I want the smell of dirt and things growing surrounding me. I want the sound of birds chirping their happy little songs. Green, green, green instead of dirty snow, brown, and barren. I want life again!
Soon enough. In the meantime, this Caprese Salad helps a little bit. Hopefully, my brown thumb won’t kill my basil plant before spring arrives.
- 10 +/- leaves fresh basil
- 4 Campari tomatoes cut in quarters
- 2 slices of fresh mozzarella cut in quarters
- a dash of balsamic vinegar
- Throw the above in a bowl and enjoy. Multiply for guests. Rejoice in the taste of something fresh and alive.