Life is flying by these days at an impressive rate. Just when I think I may be able to catch up, grasp the moment and wring everything possible out of it, I”m falling behind again, watching it all whiz on by.
Like the month of October. It seems like it was only yesterday that I celebrated my 35th birthday, yet here we are, over two weeks later, and I can’t figure out where the intervening time has gone. Before we know it, Christmas will be here. It slips away so much faster the older I get.
Take some time. Revel in the moment. Grab your kids and hug them til they beg you to stop. Someday, they won’t be there to hug at will anymore and you’ll miss that. Despite all the hand prints on the walls and crayon on the floors, the lack of their echo in the hallways will be a too-obvious absence, something to be wistfully wished for again. Love every moment of every day; life is too short to spend it unhappy.
Here’s a little bit of mirth for your mayhem: coconut nut balls. It’s fun just saying what they are. They’re even better in your mouth. Enjoy!
- Combine the toasted nuts and ¼ cup of the coconut in the bowl of a food processor. Process until nuts are chopped.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, except for the ¼ cup additional coconut for rolling. Process until it comes together somewhat.
- Line a plate with parchment paper and pour the ¼ cup shredded coconut into a bowl.
- Using a Tablespoon and your hands, gather the mixture and roll into balls (it may take some work to get them to stick together).
- Roll the balls in the coconut and place on the prepared plate.
- Refrigerate to set, at least 1 hour.
Meal Planning Magic‘s 12 Weeks of Christmas Treats gets you ready with plenty of ideas for your Christmas festivities! If you’re a blogger and want to join in on the fun, check out this post for the form to fill out to start baking along with us! And don’t forget to follow our Pinterest board to keep track of all the yummy recipes.