Oatmeal Cranberry White Chocolate Cookies
Recipe type: Cookies
- 11 Tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- ⅔ cup raw (turbinado) sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats (not quick oats)
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup white chocolate chunks or chips (the real deal--not artificial junk)
- ¾ cup chopped toasted pecans
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Take out 2 nonstick baking sheets and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter and sugar with a hand mixer (you can also use a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment) until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs until well incorporated.
- Add the oats, flour, baking soda, and kosher salt, beating until well mixed.
- Stir in the dried cranberries, white chocolate, and pecans.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, portion out the dough, 6 cookies per tray. Flatten slightly with the back of a spoon or your fingertips.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until lightly browned on the edges.
- Let rest on baking sheet for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
Recipe by poet in the pantry at http://poetinthepantry.com/2013/01/08/oatmeal-cranberry-white-chocolate-cookies-or-make-your-dessert-and-eat-it-too/