Recipe type: Dessert
- 16 Tablespoons (1 cup) unsalted butter, cut into thirds
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 4 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¾ cup raw (turbinado) sugar
- 1¼ cups light brown sugar, lightly packed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease and line a 13"x9" pan with parchment paper, then set aside.
- In a large microwaveable bowl, combine the butter and chocolate. Heat at 50% power in the microwave at 30 second intervals, stirring between each, until chocolate is melted.
- In another large bowl, whisk together the eggs, salt, sugars, and vanilla extract.
- Pour the egg mixture into the melted chocolate/butter, stirring constantly, until well incorporated.
- Stir in the flour, mixing only until just incorporated.
- Spread into the prepared pan and bake on the middle rack for 45 minutes, or until there is a nice shiny crust on the top.
- Cool completely before cutting.
Recipe by Poet in the Pantry at http://poetinthepantry.com/2012/11/26/something-supernatural/