Disclosure: As a Sabra Tastemaker, I was given free product and compensated for this post. All opinions remain my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that help make this blog possible.
Get ready to party today!
It’s the 3rd Thursday of May and you know what that means–National Hummus Day!!! Designated by Sabra as a day to spread the word among the world of their amazing hummus spreads/dips, it’s become one of my more favorite food holidays of the year. It’s hard to imagine that there are people out there who are not acquainted with hummus yet, but that will change. It’s time to blow your mind!
In honor of the occasion, Sabra is offering coupons good for up to $2 off the purchase of their hummus, which can be found here. What better way to introduce yourself to their bounty than with a little cha-ching that stays in your pocket?! But act fast!!! They’re only available today!
Most people know that hummus is a dip. Pita chips, pretzel crisps, bell pepper strips, carrots, and more are content to act as vehicles of delivering mass consumption of this chickpea-based condiment. But there is so much more to hummus than dipping chips!
Olive Tapenade Hummus Pasta Salad and Roasted Garlic Hummus Bruschetta Crostini are two of my favorite recipes I’ve already developed for Sabra. Both are quick, easy, and so out of the ordinary–I love them! This year, I’m adding to the list these Roasted Vegetable Hummus Wraps for your chewing pleasure. Simple enough that you can toss them together TODAY and so wonderful that they’ll become a regular in your Meatless Monday rotations, as well. I’ve utilized gluten free wraps in building these sandwiches, but you can change those out to the gluten-full, if you prefer. Heck, I was tempted to just drop dollops of hummus on the roasted veggies and bypass the bread altogether. Shocking, I know!
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 medium to large red onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup sliced Portabella mushrooms
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 pinches flaky sea salt
- 2 gluten free savory tomato wraps
- ¼ cup Sabra Sun Dried Tomato Hummus
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and spread the pepper, onion, and mushrooms evenly in the pan. Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt, toss, and bake for 25-30 minutes, tossing every 5 minutes to cook evenly.
- Lay out the wraps and spread 2 Tablespoons Sabra Sun Dried Tomato Hummus in the center of each.
- Divide the roasted veggies between the 2 wraps, mounding in the centers of them.
- Fold over the top and bottom, then roll the wraps. Secure with toothpicks before slicing in half and serving.