Butter makes the world go round. It’s love captured in a consumable. It enhances everything: the salve to a dry, forgotten piece of bread; the savior to a pot of plain ole mashed potatoes. Butter makes them all sing in a way that demands your attention. It’s the glamorous makeover for your ordinary, turning into something extraordinary. Yes, I love butter.
Which is why I’m excited to have discovered the NEW Finlandia Imported Butter! Finlandia Butter is the taste of home. Of the old world, alive and thriving, and now easily found in your local grocery store. This premium butter is made from fresh milk sourced from humanely-treated cows cared for on small Finnish family-owned farms. No rBST, no added hormones: just pure milk that is carefully churned, then cooled to the ideal temperature to create a smooth and creamy butter. Ahhhh… Just the way it should be.
It’s important to me to use quality products in my baking. And the chefs who choose Finlandia butter agree! If you skimp on your ingredients, the flavor of your finished product will suffer, and that’s no fun for anyone. Finlandia‘s 7-ounce bars of unsalted butter are perfect for all your baking and cooking needs! Not much of a baker? Then slather on their salted butter. That’s where the true bliss is at anyway! I could live on crusty French bread and premium salted butter alone!
What’s one of the best vehicles for maximizing your butter consumption? Muffins, of course! Versatile as breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner, snack, dessert… they do it all. And are greatly enhanced by smears of rich, creamy, premium butter like Finlandia. Whip up a batch of these Candy Bar Muffins (recipe at the bottom of this post) and prepare to be transported to Heaven! Your taste buds will thank you!
With all this talk about butter, I’m sure you want to pick up some Finlandia butter of your own to sample! Well, you’re in luck because I’m giving away one $25 gift card to ShopRite to a lucky reader! All you need to do is enter in the Rafflecopter widget below to get in on the good stuff! Giveaway open to residents of the United States only. Void where prohibited by law. Click here for full giveaway rules.
Now, on to those amazing muffins!
- 1 cup raisins + hot water
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ cup (8 Tablespoons) cold unsalted butter, cut in cubes
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 large egg
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla bean paste
- ½ cup milk chocolate chips
- ½ cup roasted peanuts, unsalted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line muffin tins with paper liners for 16 muffins, or grease lightly, and set aside.
- In a small bowl, cover the raisins with hot water and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the flours, baking powder, and sugar.
- Cut in the butter with a fork or pastry blender until there are pea-sized crumbs.
- In another bowl, whip the cream, egg, and vanilla.
- Dump the wet ingredients into the dry and mix by hand until just incorporated.
- Strain the raisins. Gently fold in the raisins, chocolate chips, and peanuts into the batter.
- Using a large cookie scoop, fill prepared muffin tin cups ¾ of the way.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Cool in muffin tins for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.