This Broccoli Salad Wrap brings your favorite salad on the run, making it easier for you to keep up with the fast pace of life. Thanks to my new client, Toufayan Bakeries, for sponsoring this post! As always, all opinions remain my own.
I have been in a lunchtime rut lately. Leftover mashed potatoes. Leftover pasta. Leftovers, leftovers, leftovers. Where are my first-run candidates? They have evaded me since my return from fantasy, leaving me wanting something more. Until now.
I recently partnered with Toufayan Bakeries and let me tell you, they will put an end to my lackadaisical lunches! With their wide array of wraps, pitas, pita pockets, flatbreads, bagels, and more, there is no excuse for boring old leftovers anymore! AND they are THE source if you’re looking for low-carb and gluten-free options. A couple of my co-workers are gluten-free, so I’ve found myself experimenting more and more in that area and it is tough to find options that retain the properties of what you’re used to while meeting the nutrition requirements. I have to say, everything I’ve sampled from Toufayan so far has not only received my co-workers’ seals of approval, but mine, as well. That speaks volumes for their quality!
Today, I bring you a broccoli salad packaged so that you can bring it with you anywhere–no utensils required! Wraps make it all so easy, with so many possibilities for fillings! I utilized pre-packaged broccoli slaw to cut down on the prep time, so you won’t have to get up any earlier to make your lunch before work. Snooze time is precious time! This sandwich-substitute hits all the major food groups without going way out of balance, so you can feel good about what you’re eating. You can switch out the flavor of Toufayan wrap, if you so choose–I’m trying savory spinach next time. If you’re worried about the dressing being too much, you can cut it back and just drizzle a little on before wrapping everything up. Me? I’m going all in with this. Life is too short for otherwise.
Broccoli Salad Wrap
- 2 slices bacon
- 1 Toufayan Bakeries wholesome wheat wrap
- ¾ cup broccoli slaw
- ½ firm apple sliced thin
- 2 Tablespoons shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 Tablespoons pecan pieces
- 1 Tablespoons dried cranberries
- 2 Tablespoons poppyseed dressing
- In a large cast iron skillet, render the bacon and then drain on a plate lined with paper towels.
- Place the wrap on a plate.
- Lay out the 2 slices of bacon in the middle of it.
- In a quart-sized bag, add the broccoli slaw, apple, cheese, pecans, cranberries, and dressing. Shake to coat evenly.
- Dump the salad over the bacon.
- Fold the top and bottom of the wrap over the filling, then roll closed. Cut in half and enjoy.