I hear there’s a big game this weekend. Something about football? American football, I believe…
You got me! I’m not much of a sports fan. I don’t mind getting together with others to watch a big game, but that’s only because of the food. It’s all about the food, and I make plenty of it.
You may think that dips come from little packets and spice jars, requiring only the addition of sour cream and/or mayonnaise to bring them back to life, but I have a secret I’m going to share with you: you can make them from scratch. Shocking, I know! With only a few ingredients you may already have in your own home, you can have an amazing dip your guests will talk about for weeks to come.
Loaded Baked Potato Dip is meant to evoke the spirit of, well, a baked potato, of course, piled on with all your favorite toppings. Sour cream, cheese, green onions, and bacon combine on your potato chip, throwing a party in your mouth. It’s up to you whether you’ll invite others to the festivities.
Whichever team you’re rooting for, may your belly be full of the most delectable dishes!
- 8 ounces bacon, chopped
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheese (your choice on blend; I went with Mexican cheese blend this time)
- 6 green onions, chopped
- Fry chopped bacon in a cast iron skillet, cooking until crispy. Scoop bacon with a slotted spoon onto a paper towel-lined plate and set aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the sour cream, shredded cheese, and green onions.
- Stir in the cooled bacon, cover, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours to let the flavors meld.
- Serve with potato chips for the ultimate loaded baked potato experience.