Simplicity is sexy. It’s not just the alliteration that I love there… Think about it: some of the best things you’ve experienced in life are the ones that are left to stand alone on their own merits, unsullied by a barrage of crap attempting to allure you that manages instead to do quite the opposite. Less is more. And while I could make you a cookie stuffed with another cookie stuffed inside a pie that is topped with ice cream and caramel and whipped cream and chocolate and and and… I’d rather take a moment to savor the sweetness of something a little less flashy.
4 ingredients. That’s all you need to take yourself to new heights of pleasure that will last all night long… at least, until you run out. Then you’ll make more.
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- ⅓ cup Nutella
- 1 10-ounce package mini marshmallows
- 6 cups Cocoa Krispie cereal
- Grease an 8"x8" baking dish and line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large pot, heat the coconut oil, marshmallows, and Nutella over medium heat, stirring frequently.
- Once the marshmallows have melted completely, remove from heat, add the cereal, and stir until coated well.
- Press quickly into the prepared pan. (Using a silicone spatula helps here, but you can also grease your hands and use them to pat the krispies down, or another piece of parchment paper. Do NOT use wax paper--it will make a huge mess.)
- Cool completely before cutting and serving.