I was recently contacted by Ragú® and asked if I wanted to put a new spin on an old classic recipe. What a fantastic idea! While we have our top 10–the same recipes we make over and over again–it’s good to shake things up a bit and change it all up. I was excited to take on this challenge!
My mission, if I chose to accept it, was to update No-Fry Chicken Parmesan. This is a perennial favorite in our house–and sorely in need of an upgrade. What could I do to this old faithful to make it new again while still utilizing Ragú® Old World Style® Traditional Sauce? I was about to find out…
The great thing about Ragú® Old World Style® Traditional Sauce is that each jar is made with 11 juicy tomatoes, making it its richest, thickest recipe. My kids love the flavor and I love all those veggies packed into each jar. You know you’re getting something good when you pour Ragú® over it!
So what did I make? I went completely in a different direction with my No-Fry Chicken Parmesan and transformed it into No-Fry Chicken Parmesan Enchiladas. Adios to the familiar breaded breasts baked in a dish! Instead, I started with shredded rotisserie chicken, significantly cutting down on the baking time. Mix that with some sauce and cheese, roll it up in flour tortillas, and drench in Ragú® Old World Style® Traditional Sauce and cheese. In no time at all, dinner is served. The kids LOVED this twist and I liked that I could make a bunch of them at once and save them for lunches throughout the week. This is not your mama’s Chicken Parmesan…and that is more than okay!
Looking for more quick-and-easy authentic Italian recipe ideas? Check out Ragú®’s Facebook page for more great eats! And don’t forget to visit Ragú®’s Better and Better Sweepstakes for a chance to win great authentic Italian-themed prizes, including a grand prize trip to Italy for a family of four! That would be amazing!
Chicken Parmesan Enchiladas
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 30 mins
Author: Carrie @ poet in the pantry
Recipe type: Dinner
- 2 cups Ragú® Old World Style® Traditional Sauce, divided
- 8 8-inch flour tortillas
- 3 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 3 cups Italian shredded cheese blend, divided
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning blend
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 9″x13″ baking dish and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the shredded chicken, 2 cups of the cheese, ½ cup of the Ragú® sauce, and the Italian seasoning blend.
- Lay out a tortilla and spread about 1/2 cup of the chicken mixture in a line in the middle of it.
- Roll from one end to the other, then place in the dish seam side down.
- Repeat with the remaining tortillas.
- Spread the remaining sauce over the enchiladas and sprinkle the remaining shredded cheese over that.
- Bake uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
If you don’t have access to a rotisserie chicken, you can microwave skinless, boneless chicken breasts for 5-6 minutes until cooked through, shred them and continue on. You’ll need about 1 pound of chicken for this recipe.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Legal residents of the 50 United States (D.C.) 18 years and older. Ends 5/6/14. To enter and for Official Rules, including odds, alternate method of entry, and prize descriptions, visit www.RaguSweeps.com. Void where prohibited.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Ragú®. The opinions and text are all mine.