This may sound weird, but up until recently, I had never tried Biscoff before. I heard all the hub bub. I had seen it in the stores. But I just wasn’t sure. A spread made from cookies? Hmm…
Then, one morning, I stopped at the grocery store on my way to work for some office snacks and somehow, as I walked through the peanut butter aisle of the store, a jar of Crunchy Biscoff Spread ended up in my basket. Making the most of it, we sliced a baguette and turned it into a tasting party.
When I opened the jar, the most enticing aroma escaped, clearly a genie in that bottle ready to enchant us all. The smell alone could chase away a bad mood! But we were here to eat, not sniff, so I returned the jar to the counter and slathered some on a piece of crusty bread. I raised it to my lips, held my breath–and after that Biscoff landed on my tongue, my resistance immediately crumbled. It totally lives up to the hype! I can’t imagine my life without it now.
Biscoff Spread is a European sensation from Belgium and contains all-natural, non-GMO ingredients. This makes me feel much better about sharing it with my family–if they can pry the jar out of my hands, that is. It’s also nut-free and vegan, which makes Biscoff Spread suitable for a variety of lifestyles.
While I’m perfectly content dunking apples in Biscoff Spread and devouring them, or inhaling an obscene amount of freshly-baked bread dripping with it, there are times when I’d like a treat that’s a little more elevated. Something with a bit more pizzazz; that I could take somewhere outside of my kitchen and share with others. Mainly because if I don’t share it, I’ll eat that whole jar myself.
That’s where this danish comes in. The components are easy to put together, but the end result is so fancy no one will guess how little work it required. If you’re feeling like you need to do more, you can always make your own puff pastry. Me? I leave that to the professionals.
Not sure where you can get your hands on some Biscoff Spread? All the grocery stores in my area and Target carry it. You can use the store locator tool to find some, but if you’re having difficulty, you can also order directly from Biscoff’s website. You’ll probably want to grab a case anyway; you’ll eat your way through it in short order.
- 1 sheet Puff Pastry
- flour for dusting
- ⅓ cup + 2 Tablespoons Biscoff Spread (creamy)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon heavy cream, plus extra for brushing the pastry
- 2 Tablespoons raw turbinado sugar
- 3 Tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Biscoff Spread (creamy)
- 1-2 Tablespoons whole milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Lightly sprinkle flour on work surface and unfold the sheet of puff pastry over it. Sprinkle more flour over the surface of the puff pastry and roll it out into a rectangle, roughly 16"x10".
- Mentally divide the dough into thirds, using a knife to slice the outer thirds into angled strips, leaving the middle intact.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the Biscoff Spread, cream cheese, and 1 teaspoon heavy cream until well-blended.
- Spread the mixture evenly over the center of the puff pastry and fold the strips over the middle, criss-crossing them as you go.
- Fold over the ends toward the middle to keep the filling from gushing out.
- Transfer to the prepared pan and brush the danish with heavy cream.
- Sprinkle raw turbinado sugar over the surface.
- Bake for 25-27 minutes or until lightly browned, rotating halfway through the baking time.
- Remove to a wire rack to cool.
- Once cooled, whisk together the confectioners' sugar, Biscoff Spread, and milk for the drizzle, adjusting components until you reach the desired consistency.
- Drizzle over the danish and let sit for at least a half hour before serving.
Have you heard about Biscoff’s Spread The Love contest? One lucky winner will get to go to Belgium, home of Biscoff, just for sharing a photo of how they like to enjoy this distinctive spread. Facebook fans will be able to vote for the grand prize winners between August 5 (12 a.m. EST) and August 25 (11:59 p.m. EST). The top three winners will be announced on Facebook on August 30, so stay tuned for that! Someone will have a great trip coming to him or her!
Biscoff Spread is a sweet, creamy spread made with Biscoff Cookies. Try this delicious European alternative to peanut butter or chocolate spread. Vote for the best photo in Biscoff’s “Spread the Love” contest and you could win a year’s supply of Biscoff products!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Biscoff. The opinions and text are all mine.