We were introduced to Buffalo Chicken Dip at a friend’s party a couple years ago. On the eve of one of the mogul skiing competitions at our local hill, a group gathered to celebrate the upcoming event. There, on the kitchen table, sitting oh-so-innocently was a dip that would change my world–Buffalo Chicken Dip. From taste one I knew it would be a part of my life forever. We were soul mates. My husband was cool with that.
Since then, we’ve made this dip more often for dinner than entertaining–it’s not like we had room to have guests over at our old apartment anyway. It works whether or not you have a crowd to please, whether you need a starter or a meal; it’s flexible.
When I first started making this dip, the biggest pain was shredding the chicken itself. I hated it. Since then I’ve learned–thanks to Pinterest!–that you can shred chicken in your stand mixer. Yup, you read that right. Just throw the hot chicken in the bowl with the paddle attachment on and turn the mixer onto low. In no time at all, you’ll have beautifully shredded chicken that’s ready for whatever you want to throw it in. This is revolutionary! I’ve used this tip to boil a big package of chicken breasts and speedily shred it so I could portion it out in 2-cup packages for later use. Cuts down on overall preparation time and makes it so you have a steady supply of shredded chicken to use as you see fit. Me? I see a lot of Buffalo Chicken Dip in my future.
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken (I prefer breasts, but if you're a leg man, that's okay, too)
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 2.5 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 10 ounces Ranch dressing
- 4 ounces Buffalo Wing Sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Take out a deep dish pie plate or 2-quart casserole dish and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients with a silicone spatula until well-blended.
- Spread in the pie plate/casserole dish evenly.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until browned and bubbly on top.
- Serve with scoop tortilla chips or corn chips.