Pumpkin Spice Hershey Kisses. I don’t recall hearing of them before this Fall, though I can’t imagine they’re entirely new this year either. The Big Guy is not a pumpkin fan, so I rarely indulge in my passion for pumpkin. But this year, I’m going for broke. It’s all for you.
After I picked up my bag of Pumpkin Spice Kisses, I knew I needed something really fantastic for them. Something that would allow them to shine; something that wouldn’t upstage them; something that would work in perfect harmony with them. Then I came across chocolate kiss thumbprints.
Reminiscent of those peanut blossoms that are featured on every Christmas cookie tray, every year, these are familiar–and yet different, at the same time. And perfect for pumpkin.
I added some pumpkin pie spice to the dough, rolled them in seasonal sprinkles, and voila! Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Blossoms! For when you want pumpkin flavor in something other than pie or bread. (Even The Big Guy liked them, as long as I didn’t put a pumpkin spice kiss in his!) Enjoy!
- ⅔ cup (10⅔ Tbsp) unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup vanilla sugar
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ⅛ tsp fine sea salt
- ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup (3.2 oz) sprinkles
- 24+/- Pumpkin Spice Kisses, unwrapped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat butter on medium-high speed for about 30 seconds.
- Add sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spice, mixing until combined, scraping the sides of the bowl occasionally.
- Beat in egg and vanilla until combined.
- Gradually add flour and mix until just incorporated.
- You should be able to scoop your dough into balls at this point. If not, let it rest in the refrigerator for an hour.
- Using a small cookie scoop, portion out the dough, rolling in sprinkles to coat.
- Place balls 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes or until edges are firm.
- Let sit on cookie sheet for 2 minutes, then press a kiss into the center of each cookie.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.