From the decadent Cheesecake Muffins of last week, we move on to the more health-food style Granola Muffins this week. Equal opportunity muffinry for your delight on Monday mornings.
These are more like what people envision when they think of muffins. Hearty and filling, you only need one to start your day. The great thing about this recipe is that you can adjust it to your tastes quite easily just by changing out the type of granola you use and/or the dried fruit. You can even make your own granola! This could lead to infinite variety from the same base so you never get bored. Who wants to eat the same old thing every day anyway? Not me!
So grab your cup of coffee or tea and raise your mug to this Monday morning. It may be the start of another week but it doesn’t have to be a sad occasion. Every day is a new opportunity for greatness.
Don’t forget to check out Baker Street for what the other #MuffinMonday participants made this week!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease or line the cups of a 12-cup muffin tin with paper wrappers and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the granola and milk and let sit for 30 minutes.
- In another small bowl, cover the raisins with water and let them soak for 15 minutes. Drain in a mesh sieve or colander and then dry on paper towels.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the melted coconut oil, honey, eggs, vanilla extract, and buttermilk.
- Add the whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, and sea salt, whisking quickly until well incorporated.
- Fold in the granola and raisins.
- Using a cookie scoop, portion out the batter into the muffin cups, filling about ¾ of the way.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Allow to sit in the muffin tin for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Muffin Monday is an initiative by Baker Street. A culinary journey of sharing a wickedly delicious muffin recipe every week. Drop in a quick line to join her on her journey to make the world smile and beat glum Monday mornings week after week.